Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Thoughts Running Wild

There's really something wrong with me when I feel the need to blog twice in one morning. Watch out Perez Hilton! It's a quiet, rainy day in South Eastern Colorado and as I became increasingly relaxed listening to the pitter-patter of rain drops on our trailer I decided I might as well take advantage of the situation and take a nice nap on the couch. No sooner had I gotten all cozy when I realized I couldn't fall asleep thanks to all the thoughts that suddenly decided to run loose in my head. Hopefully getting them out in the open will ease a little of my anxiety over things that aren't really all that complicated...

*Shady needs a bath, she's starting to smell like a dog. Too bad I can't lift her up to put her in the shower anymore...
*I bet Shady really needs to pee...
*Our new neighbors will hate us once they see us living out of our fifth wheel in the driveway while we re-model...
*When is the gas company going to call...
*Where will we park all of the vehicles when family comes to visit at Thanksgiving...
*At least I get to wear my new cute rain boots today...
*Should I start a new hat bedazzling business...
*I need to go apply to be a substitute teacher...
*Subbing for a kindergarten class would stress me out; can I just read to them all day...
*When is the gas company going to call...
*I really need to dust...
*Today would be a good day to start reading "Twilight"...
*How will our home inspection go on Friday...
*What will the road conditions be like in January...
*I want to start a stock pile of diapers. What size will I need the most of...
*Is it worth it to get a Sams Club membership when it's two hours away...
*When is the gas company going to call...
*Christmas is right around the corner; I need to start shopping...
*I can't wait to bake Christmas cookies...
*I hope our house is ready by Christmas so I can decorate...
*I need to finish blogging about Mexico...
*I can't get used to the sight of my belly without my belly ring...
*I hope Greg likes his birthday present...
*When should I start the parenting classes; November or January...
*I need to call the dentist...
*When will our new insurance cards arrive...
*Maybe the pre-natal yoga DVD I ordered will arrive in the mail today...
*I need to re-list my unwanted Body Shop products on ebay again...
*How quick will our fifth wheel sell...
*Does Greg really want to go to Vegas next month...
*I want to watch Cirque De Soile if we go...
*Am I already a bad parent if I have no desire lately to read any of my baby books...
*The Dr. better try to listen for the baby's heartbeat on Friday's appointment...
*Why were my gums bleeding for no reason this morning...
*Is Greg getting tired of eating oatmeal for breakfast...
*I can't wait to be able to make Grandma's recipe for corn casserole again...
*I hope I find the perfect shade of blue to paint our bedroom...
*I hope Greg lets me paint our bedroom blue...
*I wish I hadn't broke our towel warmer during the move...
*I'm ready to start peeling wall paper...
*Where will we get firewood from for our fireplace...
*How am I going to decorate our dining room when all I have is a little table...
*I need the desire to learn to play our ukulele...
*I wish our washer/dryer wasn't broke...
*I want a cat...


I'll quit there, but you get the general idea. Am I the only one that this happens too? Maybe now I can take a nap...

6 comments:

Nora said...

Oh dear... ;-)

HeidiTri's said...

Did it work? Did you get the nap?

I often wake up at 4 AM with the "Oh! I have to remember to ...." thought. Which then races into a list similar to yours! So, I know your pain.

PennyCandy said...

Ditto to Heidi. I hate to say the lists doesn't get shorter once you have kids...it just gets longer.

Sheila said...

Sorry about kitty. I want her too. :'(

And if thats all that's keeping you awake... LOL

Cathy said...

I have a couple answers for a few of the questions that were swirling around in your mind! If they were rhetorical questions, then feel free to disregard the rest of my comment :)

1. For diapers, it's hard to tell exactly which size you need the most of. It all depends on quickly your baby decides to grow out of one size and into another. I will say, though, that newborns go through more diapers a day (around 10 to 12) than a one year old (5 or 6), so during my pregnancy, I had several boxes of "N" size diapers, along with a box each of size 1, 2, 3, & 4. Kingston outgrew "N" diapers when he was a month old. By the time he was 6 months, he was wearing size 4.

2. Definitely doesn't make you a bad parent for not wanting to read the baby books :D Funny, I thought I was the only person who felt guilty about that during pregnancy.

3. Bleeding gums are a common pregnancy symptom that people never tell you about until it happens to you. It happened to me. The inflammation of is caused by higher progesterone levels that make your gums more sensitive to the bacteria in plaque and by increased blood supply to your mouth.

Felicia said...

Heidi, unfortunately I didn't get the nap in....oh well..
Cathy! Thanks for the diaper info! I'm so glad someone answered that! lol! And of course I felt instantly even more guilty after writting that I don't want to read baby books that I read half a chapter of "What to expect" that afternoon! lol! And I knew that pregnant women's gums will bleed, but I figured it would happen when I was eating or brushing my teeth. This was right when I woke up and had done NOTHING! Is that normal???