Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A Valentines Idea

For all of you married folk out there that may need a Valentines Day idea; here's a suggestion. Have a night in, order a pizza, share a bottle of wine, and watch the movie Fireproof.

Luckily I married a guy who loves movies as much as I do. Here in Lamar there is a one screen movie theatre and they only show two movies a week. It's one of the few things to do around here, so we pretty much watch anything that they are showing. One week way back when they were showing the movie Fireproof. We had never seen a trailer for the movie, but the poster that was displayed outside the theatre looked fairly interesting. Saturday night arrived and we decided that we might as well go to the movies, but since neither one of us knew anything about the movie I decided to watch a trailer for the movie online. But, as luck would have it, our internet connection kept disconnecting, so I only saw the first twenty seconds or so of the trailer. My impression was that the movie was about a firefighter who worked on a train wreck. I love "disaster" movies so I figured it would be pretty exciting to watch.

When we arrived to the theatre I was pretty surprised to see how many people were actually there. I figured they were up for an action type movie as well. The movie started and after about 10 minutes, Greg leaned over to me and asked, "Is this a B movie?" "I have no idea, but the acting is pretty horrible." was my reply.

Ha, ha! For those of you who don't know anything about Fireproof, it is actually a Christian movie that shows a marriage that is on the brink of divorce and the husbands attempts to reconcile his relationship with both his wife and God. Although both my husband and I thought the acting was horrible, the whole plot and moral of the story is absolutely fantastic. I think it's a must-see for any couple. As my husband said, "You'll laugh, you'll cry, it's just a pretty good movie."


2 comments:

KrissyBo. said...

I could not agree more!! We both thought the acting was a little cheesy at times and not "real" enough...but the entire storyline and plot was ahhhmazing. I seriously have not been touched by a movie like that in a very long time. It was so refreshing!!! :)

KrissyBo. said...

Hey! How about the letter.......

T! :) Can't wait to see your answers! :)