Wednesday, May 25, 2011

13 Months Old!

Considering the fact that Parker is now almost two weeks into his thirteenth month, this post is obviously over-due. However, so much happened in Parkers twelfth month that I couldn't just over look it!

First and foremost, he began WALKING!!!




As odd as it seemed since he's over a year old, Parker got to celebrate his first Easter! We spent it at the lake, and unfortunately we didn't get to go to church because yours truly forgot to pack Greg's church clothes. Opps! There's always next year!



His favorite Easter treat was this metallic egg from his Grams. He was so excited when he opened it and discovered....CHEERIOS!



Next, Parker finally began using some of the baby sign language I've been using! His first sign was "more" as in, "I want more food". He also began doing the sign for "milk" although I think he uses it when he wants a drink in general. He began signing the word "eat". Unfortunately, he doesn't do that one correctly! The sign language is to tap some of your fingers on your mouth and it took me awhile to realize that he does this sign, but instead of tapping his mouth, he taps the side of his head! (Think, Winnie the Pooh!) I know what he's trying to say though, so that's all that matters to me! Last but not least, he began signing AND saying "All Done" when he finishes his meal. It is ADORABLE! However, he generally follows up "all done" with the "more" sign! LOL! It's also pretty cute if we are in the car for a long period of time he will start saying and signing "all done" which we interpret as: get me out of here!

Parker loves being outside! I recently began letting him walk outside. The uneven terrain is a little challenging for him, but I think he's about got it mastered now. Being the over protective mom though, I usually let Greg take him out! I would probably hold him back from exploring too much, where Greg just keeps a watchful eye on him and lets him be free!

Speaking of Greg, Parkers favorite person is his DADA! Which is also a word I hear all day long. I'm pretty lucky if he says the word "mama" once a week.

I am 13 months old!!! I weigh 22 pounds and am 30" long!


2 comments:

Brad said...

The video was cute! I can't wait until Grant starts walking. Parker is just a like a little preview of everything for Grant. ;-) Grant loves the outdoors too; it's hard to drag him back in!

HeidiTri's said...

Absolutely adorable! Thanks for sharing. I love when they start using sign to communicate.