Friday, February 18, 2011

My Hot Date!

We finally finished remodeling our master/upstairs bathroom (pics coming soon)! I told myself that as a reward, I would indulge myself in a nice relaxing hot bath. My husband is out of town for the weekend, so this was my hot date for the night!

I don't take baths very often (I'm more of a shower gal), but when I do, I like to do them right! We made this as our craft at the last MOPS meeting, and that was sometimes the only thing that got me through all the painting I had to do. I love treating myself to a reward after a job well done.



Here are the instructions to make your own Ginger Soak:
2 cups baking soda
1 cup Epson salts
2 Tablespoons ground ginger

I have heard of people soaking in tubs with baking soda and Epsom salts (Gwyneth Paltrow does it), but have never done it myself. About 30 minutes after my bath my skin felt pleasantly tingly. I'm not sure if that's normal, but I sure liked it and felt very refreshed afterward.

My companions in the bathroom were these two items:



Capped off by an episode of Sex in the City! I planned on having a mini SITC marathon, but I was so relaxed and tired after my bath I barely made it through one!


Once I finished watching my show, I sprayed some Deep Sleep pillow spray from The Body Shop onto my sheets, and I hit the sack and slept like a baby!

3 comments:

HeidiTri's said...

That's great! You're lucky Parker slept through your night!
In my world, that would be the night that one of them would wakeup with an ear infection.

Sheila said...

Oh, sounds like HEAVEN. I still don't have anything here I like to drink. : (

Kendra said...

I'm going to try that soak, thanks!! Your evening sounds absolutely amazing and from the before and after pics of the bathroom on facebook, you deserve it!