Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Lake Texoma

One of my favorite places is Lake Texoma. I mentioned in the post below that my father in law lives at Lake Texoma. We recently had a chance to spend a few days at his house, which I love because it is just so darn relaxing! Of course, he always tends to put my hubby to work and this time was no different. The chore: cleaning and organizing a huge shop. I wish I would have taken before and after pictures! I helped when I could but most of the time I just felt like I was in the way. I was pretty content to simply pass the time on the front porch with a Danielle Steel novel!

The cool thing about where Carl, my father in law, lives, is that it's a short three-minute drive on the golf cart to the sandy beach! And yes, you read that right! Everyone at the lake drives golf carts! It's quite comical! Now, for some reason whenever we go down to visit, it seems that we never go to the beach until the evening. However, this time I was determined to spend a full day on the beach and get some sun! I invited my sister and her two munchkins down for the occasion!





After they left, I moseyed back to the beach with the before mentioned novel, along with my dog, and together we enjoyed the sun and the relaxing sound of the waves.

That same evening Carl organized a small cook-out on the beach. On the way to our "spot" we passed this cute little sand turtle creation!



Apparently Carl wasn't as impressed as I was since he ran over it's foot on the golf cart! Here's a few more random shots from that evening. And, just fyi, this isn't even what I consider the "pretty" part of the beach!











Oh, Lake Texoma, how I wish you weren't eleven hours away....

8 comments:

Nora said...

It sounds/looks awesome! And what I love most is the last pic in which you can see what you're looking at in Greg's glasses :-)

Kendra said...

How relaxing!!! The pics are great! I am glad you were able to spend a DAY at the beach and not just an evening!! =D

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for the info! I had no idea I needed some of that stuff for steaming...I'll have to make a quick trip to Wal-Mart! Thanks again!

PennyCandy said...

Great pictures and it looks so relaxing.

Felicia said...

Nora, I think that's why I like that pic, too! If only the camera wasn't showing...lol!
And yes, it is definately sooooo relaxing there!

HeidiTri's said...

I'm glad you had fun. It looks like a great time.

KrissyBo. said...

Ahhh, love that good ole lake! :) You're so lucky that you can go there to visit the in-laws!! Not many can say that...

I'm trying to get back into the swing of things...sorry I've been such a crummy blog friend!!

Hope all is wonderful with you!

Unknown said...

Aw, the pics came out so cute of the kids. We had such a great time with you. James has asked a few times when we can go back.