Monday, July 28, 2008

The Housewife Wears Prada



My Sunglass Saga


I do not like to shop. Shocker, I know. Some fashion major I am. But, with my husbands help and encouragement, I am slowly curing that disese. And of all things, he is addicted to sunglasses. And rightfully so! He wore glasses for practically the first 25 years of his life. So after he had Lasik eye surgery, he splurged on a pair of sunglasses. Wouldn't you? When we first started dating he always said he wanted to buy me a pair of "real" sunglasses. So low and behold after a few months he bought me my first "real" pair of sunglasses. They were $50 and I thought that was OUTRAGEOUS! See, I was raised to be very conservative with my money. I was never allowed the luxury of owning a pair of sunglasses that cost more than maybe $10. So needless to say I absolutely treasured those sunglasses. Then, as fate would have it, I lost them at a 4th of July cook out about 2 years later. I was so upset.


So back to Sunglass Hut we went! This time, I was selling real estate, so we were trying to create that "image" that I think helps when you're in that industry. I bought a pair of Ray Bans. I loved them. But now, two years later, I'm starting to hate them. They aren't "in style" anymore and I think they look horrible on my face when my hair is up, which lately is 99% of the time. I felt so bad by these thoughts. Who am I to have a new pair of sunglasses? But, I managed to admit to my husband that I was not really liking the way my sunglasses look anymore. And guess what?! He totally agreed! He said he was sick of them awhile ago but thought I would get mad at him for saying so! See, once again it just proves that honesty is the best policy!!!


So while we were in Colorado Springs last weekend I was able to go to a Sunglass Hut! I swear we were there for at least an hour. And leave it to Greg to pick out the ones that actually look great on me. And believe it or not, they are *drum roll* PRADA!!!! I am so excited to have them! And I hate to be a person to brag about things, but honestly this is a big treat to me!!!! And then, best of all, Greg said that every six months he thinks I should be treated to some nice designer accessory or something. I have the best husband ever. But also, like I said, I'm not the best shopper. So I'm going to need some ideas on my next purchase. It'll be winter time then, so maybe a Burberry scarf? I promise I'm not spoiled.......

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A nice purse can say so much about a woman. Plus, most of the luxury brands come with a lifetime warranty. Nordstrom's has an annual sale with good deals on Fendi and Coach bags and whatnot.

Jesse's Girl said...

Ha! I am the same way about shopping...Jesse picks out all the cool stuff I have! Glad I'm not alone out there...

Your blog entertained me...thanks!

-Rebecca (Frederick)

Felicia said...

Happy-Thanks for the suggestion! I actually have a Coach purse! And I had to actually take advantage of that life time warranty also..twice! Check out my myspace blog "I'm a member of the coach club!" Any other ideas???

Rebecca-I'm sooooo glad that I'm not alone in this!!! At least Jesse gets to dress someone who is an entertainer!!! And feel free to stop by my blog anytime!!!