These are a few things I learned by spending the month with my 13 year old niece:
1. Teens text. A LOT!
2. Even though I think I'm pretty savvy about music for my age.....I am not. She even let me listen to a song by one of my favorite bands that I didn't even know existed!
3. She knows way more about fixing her hair and make up than I did at her age.
4. Teens have much better fashion sense now than when I was growing up.
5. They eat a lot of pickles!
6. They are more than happy to show you a cool dance move if you don't already know it.
|Playing with Parker in a bounce house at the mall.|
|Swimming in Lake Texoma.|
|Tackling a pinterest project: fingernail polish with newspaper ink on top.|
|A trip to the amazing Warren Theatre.|
|Eager to watch Snow White and the Huntsman.|
|A trip to the zoo with more of her cousins!|
|Aunt and Niece.|
|Our only "family" shot before we said our good-byes.|