Thursday, December 9, 2010

Christmas Card Drama....Again!

Some of you may remember the Christmas card drama I had a few years ago. Well, go figure, two years later I'd have some drama again.

I did a Christmas photo shoot with Parker with intentions of using one of the pictures on our Christmas cards this year. The pictures turned out fairly well and off I went to upload our 2010 Christmas cards onto www.shutterfly.com I knew they would be arriving any day now so I was super excited when I heard the UPS man pull up to my house. I was in the middle of nursing Parker but I know from experience that UPS will leave packages on my front porch. As soon as I was finished nursing I quickly ran downstairs and retrieved my package.

As I tore open the box like a little kid I couldn't help but feel a quick flutter of excitement! I knew this year I wouldn't have the same problem as I did the year before. I pulled one of the pictures out of the box to do a quick once-over when I quickly let out a cry of horror. There it was. Plain as day. I spelt my son's name wrong.

I probably wouldn't be too upset were this not my son's very first Christmas. Especially since his sweet little face is the only person pictured on the card. I even planned on placing one of the cards in his baby book. How will my little boy look back as he's older and be able to see how excited I am to celebrate his first Christmas with him when I sent out a Christmas card calling him, "Parer"?

5 comments:

Sheila said...

Just have one made with is name spelled right for the book. All will be okay.
Love ya,

Jennifer Ortega said...

Oh man!!!! That stinks!!!! Do you have a Walgreens or does the Walmart have a photo center? I got our done at Walgreens and they were ready in 30 minutes and you can do it online also. I have done it on Walmart.com and picked them up shortly there also.

Kendra said...

Walgreens and Wal-Mart can get them done in about an hour or just have one made specifically for his baby book. I am sorry, I understand totally.

PennyCandy said...

Bummer but not the end of the world all of the above suggestions are great.

Brad said...

When I saw that, I knew it had to drive you crazy! It's so disappointing when those kind of things happen!