Tuesday, June 16, 2009

It only took 15 months

Although I tell everyone that I meet that I "travel" with my husband, he tends to get stuck at whichever location he goes to work at. For example, when he first began this job his first location was in Sweetwater, TX. They said he would be there for a couple of months. That turned into one year. Then, when we moved to Lamar, CO they said we would only be there for three weeks. Fifteen months later, we were still in Lamar. So I didn't necessarily believe it when hubby told me that we would be moving this week. But, miracles do happen, and on Sunday we moved! Our new location is Sidney, NE. Today is my hubby's first day of work so he'll get a better feel of how long we will be here. He was told we'd be here anywhere from two weeks to two months. Which I guess translates into almost a year according to our prior track record!

So far, here is what I like better about Sidney than Lamar:
*There is a Taco Bell!
*There are two coffee shops!
*There is a two screen movie theatre (hey, it beats a one screen movie theatre!)
*There is a Hallmark! (Because I do care enough to send the very best.)
*There is a book store!
*The town doesn't smell like cow crap!
*A major city (Cheyenne, WY) is only an hour and a half away!
*There are more restaurants in general!
*So far I haven't noticed an area of town that I affectionately refer to as "the ghetto". All the houses are nice, even the small ones!
*There is grass everywhere! (I know that I was in Lamar way too long when I think seeing grass is unusual)

Things I don't like about Sidney:
*Our RV park. (no wifi, no cable, and we can't get our darn satellite signal to come in)
*More stickers than the last RV park. Yes, it is possible.
And, in case they don't offer yoga or water aerobics here, then we can add that to the list as well!

With that said, I'm off to go explore and test out the walking trail!

8 comments:

Kendra said...

Congrats on your ew "home!!" Have fun exploring! I look forward to more info on the new location! Hopefully you can get your satellite hooked up.

HeidiTri's said...

Have fun exploring a new town. Bummer about the lack of satellite and wifi.

What's a "Sticker"? I'm guessing it's some one who lives there permenantly.

Nora said...

Get wifi! I miss you! :-)

Felicia said...

lol, maybe "stickers" is an Okie term. I've also heard them referred to as "goatheads". They are these little round ball things that come off of some plant and they have little thorns all around them. Their pretty big here and get all in our shoes, which means we track them inside, and they really hurt when you step on them barefoot! Even vacuuming once a day doesn't seem to keep them away!

PennyCandy said...

Have fun exploring. Here is hoping that you find WiFi soon.

Ah yes we have those lovely stickers in Fort Worth also.

Sheila said...

HI!

LaKeta said...

Wow! Still living the gypsy life...that is sooo crazy cool! You guys are making so many great memories...Enjoy your new "digs"!!!

Anonymous said...

don't forget cabela's!!!!