50 States plus DC. How many have you been to? 16
The average is 8; how do you match up?
Put an X by the states you have been to. Since just putting a X is boring, also add something you remember about that state. Why did you go? If there's a state you want to go to, put an O and say why! When you're done, count up your X's, and post it after the subject. If you're on Facebook, tag any friends you'd like to take the survey!
* Arizona O - I have always wanted to visit The Grand Canyon!!!!
* Arkansas X - Greg and I went on a boating float trip down the Arkansas River and the huge group we were with stayed in some town in Arkansas. Don't ask me the name of it though...
* California O - I just want to go to the beach and Hollywood, and maybe hit a posh night club where I might rub elbows with someone from The Hills!
* Colorado X - My "home" for now! Love: Denver (Coyote Ugly), Canon City (where we will probably move to if we ever plant our roots somewhere!), the hot springs, Colorado Springs (The Kings Diner, downtown)
* Florida X - Went a couple times when I was younger b/c both of my step-sisters lived there. Loved the beach, hated Disney World. Note to parents: do NOT drag your kids on Space Mountain. A fear of roller coasters will follow. Have a picture of me holding a crab.
* Georgia O - I'm pretty sure I would love exploring Savannah.
* Hawaii O - I don't even need to explain this one.
* Illinois O - I'm dying to visit Chicago!!! Maybe I can go to the Oprah Show! And I have a friend who is a Suix Chef at what I'm sure is a fancy restaurant!
* Kansas X - One of my best friends lives in Wichita and I spent a great weekend there two summers ago as a bridesmaid in her wedding.
* Kentucky O - I want to go to the Kentucky Derby! I would have no idea what was going on though...
* Louisiana O - I want to go to New Orleans so bad! Had the chance to go in college for one of my best friends 21st b-day but couldn't afford it. Would love to hit Bourbon St., go on a haunted cemetary tour, and eat some Cajun food!
* Maine O - I want to eat lobster and look at light houses!
* Maryland X - I'm pretty sure we drove through this state...
* Massachusetts X and O - I think I've driven through this state, but have no clue to be honest. Would love to spend a weekend in Boston! And I hear Cape Cod is pretty spectacular!
* Missouri X - Greg and I went to Branson and loved it! Can't wait to go back! We went to the Dolly Parton show where you eat and watch a show. They asked Greg and I to be a part of it, and we had to go down onto the arena with another couple and we raced each other on stick horses in front of everyone. Of course we lost b/c I wasn't wearing appropriate shoes for trekking around in the dirt.
* Nevada X - Viva Las Vegas!!! Went there on our honeymoon but would love to go back with a big group of friends! I would love to watch Cirque De Soile!
* New Hampshire
* New Jersey
* New Mexico X - Went to Carlsbad Caverns which is beautiful! I love caves!
* New York X - Been lots of times when I was younger to visit family. Went to NYC for a day when I was 9 but mainly remember a guy coming up to the car we were in and started washing the front windshield and asking for money. I am dying to spend a week there with Greg. The shows, the shopping, the sights! I also would like to visit some family and stay in my cousins log cabin house!
* North Carolina
* North Dakota
* Oklahoma X - Lived there most of my life! OKC is the best! And Wintersmith Park in Ada!
* Pennsylvania X - I know we drove through when I was little. The only reason I remember this is b/c we went to the Hershey Chocolate factory. The only reason I remember that is b/c I've seen a picture.
* Rhode Island O - fresh seafood!
* South Carolina O - I hear it's beautiful!
* South Dakota
* Tennessee O - I think it would be fun to go to Nashille! And I have a friend who is a singer there so it would be awesome to get to see her perform again!
* Texas X - Places I love: San Antonio - Riverwalk and Sea World. Port Aransas - Have fun memories of that little island. Dallas - Went there for a fashion show in college. Fun! Plus clubbing in Deep Elum (sp?) in college during Spring Break with one of my best friends. Ft. Worth - The Old German Pancake House. I think that's the name...or maybe it's just because they have amazing German Pancakes. I know how to get there, so that's all that matters! Sweetwater, just because the real estate market is incredible there. We literally bought a house for $11,500.00
* Utah X - Flew into Salt Lake City and spent a day exploring the city with my brother and his family. I remember a beautiful church...or maybe it was a campus...either way it was very pretty!
* Vermont X - Mainly remember all the trees.
* Washington O - Would love to go to Seattle and visit the fish market place.
* Washington DC X - Went when I was little but thought it was boring. Go figure. Now would only like to go back to visit my friend Christina! Still not much of a history person.....
* West Virginia
And I'm going to end this by saying that I'm sure I'll get an email from my mom saying I forgot that I've been to several states. When I was little we would pretty much go on vacation every summer to either NY or FL and we would drive. It would take us 3 days. So I'm pretty sure I've been to a lot of the states East of OK, but honestly don't remember....