Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Are you kidding me?

I'm sick. I've been dealing with this crap since Sunday. And it's nothing too drastically bad, but it's annoying. One minute my nose is running, the next minute I can't breathe. I'm coughing and my ears feel like they need to pop. When I talk, it's hard to breathe and I feel like I'm saying words funny. So today I broke down and went to the doctor. I have three GNO parties this week and a table at an all day Holiday Shopping Extravaganza on Sunday, so I really want to feel like a normal person. While I was there, I figured I'd also ask the doctor about a random red patch that showed up next to my mouth last Monday that is chapped and peeling. It doesn't hurt, it's just ugly and I want it to go away.

So after I waited in the doctors office for well over forty minutes past my appointment time, the old geezer finally walks in and asks some random questions that he plugs into the computer. He then looks in my ears, nose, and mouth and checks my heart beat. That was it. Maybe he glanced at the red spot next to my mouth while I was saying "AAAAHHHHHHH", who knows?

What does he prescribe me? Halls menthol cough drops for my throat and nose and Vaseline for the spot on my face.

Are you kidding me?????

6 comments:

PennyCandy said...

Well if it is a bad cold or virus they can't really do anything for it. It will just have to run its course. But I do hope you feel better really soon; like by the time you read this.

Anonymous said...

It sounds stupid, but get a lot of vitamine C. Like a fresh orange juice or squeeze a lemon into a cup of hot water and drink it. Vitamine C always helps me. Get well soon!

KrissyBo. said...

Ahhh I hate when docs do that! :( I'm sorry. I had to take a z-pak and cough medicine last week and that kicked it in no time. I hope you're better in time for your parties and show on Sunday! ((HUGS))

p.s....loooove the stuff! :) I slept with the gloves and body butter last night and my hands are already looking and feeling much better! :) {I opened it since you gave me the go ahead}. :) Hopefully your check will arrive today or tomorrow. Thanks again!!

R K M said...

Hi Flea,
sounds like we're suffering from the exact same thing. I've had it for about 9 days now... the cough just won't go away. My doc told me to drink plenty of fluids and use Vicks to keep the nasal passages open. I agree... it's more annoying than anything and I just wish it would go away.

Unknown said...

Trade ya Dr stories.

Katy said...

That is seriously funny! I mean not for you, but ya know.....the whole scenario if you will. Nice, I think you could've figured that one out for yourself.
Cute blog, glad I stopped by...liking your tunes.